Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 487
Received: Purchased
Rating: 5 out of 5 Books

GOODREADS BLURB:
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.




Oh my goodness. I LOVED Divergent!!

THE GOOD:
Ohmigosh. Seriously. I cannot begin to explain how impossible it was to put this book down. Wow. Wow. Wow. I'd been on a kick were I enjoyed the books, but I didn't need to tear through the pages. Divergent is different. It makes you turn the pages. You have no choice but to throw yourself into the book and come up for air only when you're finished. Really, it's that good. Roth's ability to command a scene is breathtaking. The action is constant. It really is a breathtaking book. You root for Tris from the beginning and you loathe her enemies. You understand she's not perfect, but that's what makes her an even better character. You can understand her struggle to understand who she is, because I think within all of us is the desire to learn oneself. Roth plays on innate emotions and she does it well. Her descriptions are great and there's no lag in the plot at all. This book isn't short, but I ripped through it. Wow, wow, wow. That's all I have to say.

THE BAD:
I NEED MORE...NOW! That's the bad. That's it. :)

OVERALL:
Wow. This may very well be my favorite book I've read so far this year. It's just amazing. It reminds me of The Hunger Games in its own respect, but Divergent is in no way a spin off. It is truly unique, but for those who enjoyed The Hunger Games, this is a logical next book to put on your TBR. I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment. Roth is definitely one of my favorite authors now. This book was just that great!

RATING: 5 of 5 Books








No comments:

Post a Comment