New Year's Resolutions

Well, today is the last day of the year! Crazy, huh? I can't believe the year is already over, personally. It's been a year of great firsts for me, the most important one being the birth of my son (aka Little Man).

Not a week after his birth, my debut novel, BRIDGER, came to my door in paperback. Talk about a week to remember. :)

Then in November, my second YA novel, FORBIDDEN, was released. Crazy. Now I'm close to finishing the sequel to BRIDGER (which is TRAITOR), and a new idea for a book has been playing in my brain the past week or so. Busy, busy, busy!

Anyway, those were the big parts of my year. Looking forward, I wanted to post a few resolutions I had for the upcoming year, and we'll see how close I get to them come December 31, 2012:

1.) Sell 10,000 books
2.) Be in the top 10 of my genre for at least one book
3.) Release two more books (TRAITOR is one, and at least one other!)
4.) If I hit 10,000 books, I want to sell *50,000*
5.) Break the top 100 in paid Kindle sales (Big, big goal, I know, but I'm pretty sure I'll pee myself if it happens. ::Breaks out a package of Depends in preparation::)

Those are my goals for the year, what are yours? I'd love to share resolutions, and keep one another accountable! Let's make 2012 the best writing year yet!

4 comments:

  1. I'm easy to bribe. New follower (saw your tweet) :)

    What a great year you've had. Congrats on your son and your releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! It's been a great year, and I'm hoping the next one is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals and resolutions and feel inspired to finish my first two novels this year. Best wishes! Happy successes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic goals, Megan. I hope you manage to do it. I'll be jumping around in circles for you, if you do. Keep me posted :)

    ReplyDelete